Monday, June 29, 2009

My Life Part I:

My Life Part I:

It’s time before I go to deep into all the credit it’s time to tell my story and my background before I try to pitch that I am some business and credit expert.

Let me just say, “I am”, but I was never this serious about any of this stuff let alone when I received my paycheck I never had the feelings I do today. Now, what would I mean by that. Back then about 10 years ago, I couldn’t afford college so I got a full time job at State Farm Insurance in the MailRoom. Just outside Columbus, Ohio there is a regional office. I felt my first wrath of corporate America at its best & the family values when it comes to a so called Good and Stable JOB. Later I would learn that JOB stands for JUST ABOVE BROKE.

My job at the farm was pure factory- I was in the mailroom. I was so excited to earn 9 dollars an hour. I was living at home, trying college at night, and blowing my money in 3 days. Mostly Beer & Golf. Yes I was 18, but I had friends that where much older. I’m not perfect, as you will find out, only human! I got the itch like every 19-year-old. I wanted my own apartment. With no one helping me on my personal finances I would soon be in trouble. I got my apartment but soon realized making money was key.

I had a friend that got all the job classes at the farm and their salaries. I wanted to make 30K in two years. A 12 thousand-dollar raise in two years was doable. I found that I could post out to a position in claims as an inbound operator and pass it on to the claim reps and claim processors. The operator salary started out at 24k per year (a six thousand-dollar raise) NO COLLEGE degree needed, just SOME. Boom I get it.

In 1999 I was taking an intro to business class and I ran into a beautiful women named Jen. Love can get expensive.

No comments: